Landscape: documenting place and presence
I am a landscape photographer and I have been taking photographs since 1959, all over the UK, the Alps, Norway, Newfoundland, the Galapagos and Canada from the Coast Range to the east coast. Location is central to my approach; each image aims to characterizes its essence, where it is and what it is like to be there. I am really a photojournalist of landscape.
Publication and other history as follows:
- Images for Winter Climbs in the Lake District, Bennett/Birkett/Hyslop 1979;
- Best Portfolio, Kendal Film Festival 1980;
- Feature article in Mountain #80, July 1981;
- Images for Rock and Ice Climbs in Skye, Mackenzie 1982;
- Images and articles in Cold Climbs, Wilson/Alcock/Barry 1982;
- Images in Classic Walks, Wilson/Gilbert 1982
- Secretary and co-chair for the juried CLiC Eastern Ontario Photo Show 2014-2016;
- Images hung in CLIC 2014, 2015 and 2016;
- Honourable mention CLiC Visible World Monochrome 2014;
- Freeman Patterson workshop with André Gallant, St Martins NB, September 2016;
- Passing Through, an exhibition with Lola Reid Allin, Parrott Gallery, 2018;
- Turn but a Stone, an exhibition at the Parrott Gallery, 2020.