Arts Recognition Awards Nomination:
The NOMINATION DEADLINE for the 2021 Arts Recognition Awards – July 31
HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
- Check the past nominees (see the list further down on this page).
- Complete the online form (click here) with your name, the name of your nominee, and in approximately 250 words why you think the person, organization or supporter should receive an award.
- Get at least two letters of support.
- Email or mail your package to : email@example.com or Quinte Arts Council, P.O. Box 22113, Belleville ON K8N 2Z5. (If you have your letters of support at the time you complete the nomination form online, you can upload the files directly.)
If your nomination is accepted you will be invited as our guest to attend the Luncheon for the Arts along with your nominee. (2021 date TBD.)
Winners of the Arts Recognition Award will receive a hand-crafted award. The 2020 awards (pictured below) were created by local woodturner James G. Walt.
Please note: previous recipients (see below) can not be nominated.
- 2020 – Carol Bauer, Peter Davis, Marilyn Lawrie, Christopher Bennett, Jennifer Pries
- 2019 – Catherine Taylor, Holly Dewar, Dave Bush, Andrea Kerr, Mayor Mitch Panciuk
- 2018 – Brian Barlow, Lynn Fennell, Gary Magwood, and Nancy Snowdon
- 2017 – Susan Holland, David R. Maracle and Starboard Communications
- 2016 – Roli and Linda Tipper, Krista Dalby, Claudette Boulanger, Thérèse Cilia and Belleville Downtown DocFest.
- 2015 – Suzanne Andrews, Susan Walsh, Gordon Craig, William Fisher, Suzanne Pasternak, and the Baxter Art Centre.
- 2014 – CaraHunter, Connie Yrjola, Barb Forgie (We Create Artisans Events); Liz Marshall; Rick Penner; Rob Kellough and Paul Johnson (Through The Cedars Music Production); and Gerry Boyce.
- 2013 – Joan Reive, In-Four-Mation, Robert Kranendonk, Sam Brady, and Bill and Debbie Morton
- 2012 – Mary-Lynne Morgan, Artists Below The Line, Nancy Garrod, Rev. John Uttley, Dona Knudsen, Sylvin Pineau, Ross McDougall, Doug Thompson and Harvey Gere of the Belleville Lions Club
- 2011 – Al Hazel, Jack Evans, Stephane Lemelin, Lise Lindenberg, Shawn Patriquin, Teresa Bell and Paul Thompson
- 2009 – Bob Long, Don Pinder, Quinte Symphony Orchestra
- 2008 – Andrew and Adam Gray, Carlyn Moulton, Debra Tosh, Marc Bourdon, Georgette Fry, Peta Hall, and the Marilyn and Maurice Rollins Foundation
- 2007 – Quinte Opera Guild, Quinte Rotary Music Festival, Rob Brown, Anne Buckley, Muriel Gibson, Bob Clute Pontiac Buick GMC
- 2006 – Wayne McFaul, Quinte Film Alternative, Moira Nikander Forrester, Sharon Campbell, Chantale Brisson, the Leona Riggs Charitable Foundation
- 2005 – Marilyn Holden, Ann Pickett, Rudy Heijdens, Andy Forgie, and Jack and Bernice Parrott
- 2004 – Caroline Smith, Mark Rashotte, Charlie Kammer
- 2003 – Campbell Monuments, Warren McFaul, Barbara Whelan
- 2002 – Wilma Alexander, Procter & Gamble, Quinte Ballet School Guild
- 2001 – The Leona Riggs Foundation, Marion Stratton, Wilma Donald, The Marysburgh Mummers
- 2000 – Beryl Rutland, Stirling Performing Arts Committee, Belleville Art Association
- 1999 – Dorothy Aitchison, Eugene Lang, The Belleville Theatre Guild
- 1998 – Tony Lassing, Susan Richardson, Marilyn and Maurice Rollins, Lee Jourard, Nortel
- 1997 – Linda Hamer-Harris Mustard, Jim Alexander, Stan Wiggins
- 1996 – Harlan House R.C.A., Paul Dinkel, Jane Hull
- 1995 – William Maddox, Brian Scott, Corby Distilleries
- 1994 – Florence Lennox, Gordon and Audrey Davies, Diana Koechlin