Each year, the Quinte Arts Council recognizes those individuals or businesses who have made a difference to the arts in our community. Winners are celebrated at The Luncheon for the Arts which is held in September. Details and nomination forms are available each spring.
In 2019, the Quinte Arts Council celebrated 25 years of hosting their Luncheon for the Arts/Arts Recognition Awards. Without exception, these individuals are making Quinte a destination for those craving a vibrant arts and culture scene.
In 2020, we are thrilled to announce the following recipients of our Arts Recognition Awards: Carol Bauer, Peter Davis, Marilyn Lawrie, Christopher Bennett and Jenny Pries, winner of the Emerging Artist Award.
To read the full press release (November 26, 2020), including bios and notable career achievements of these recipients, please click here.
The 2020 Arts Recognition Awards Celebration was held virtually on Thursday December 3, 2020 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm via Zoom, and featured special guests Mayor Mitch Panciuk and musical guests Instant Rivalry.
Register here. Download the “Schedule of Events” program here.
Nominate a local arts champion!
We welcome nominations from the community for a local arts champion who deserves to be recognized for their artistic excellence, cultural leadership and/or contribution to the arts. Know a local arts champion? Complete the nomination form here.
If your nomination is accepted you will be invited as our guest to attend the Luncheon for the Arts along with your nominee. Winners of the Arts Recognition Award will receive a hand-crafted award. Please note: previous recipients (see below) can not be nominated.
Nominations are closed for 2020.
The NOMINATION DEADLINE for 2021 recipients of the Arts Recognition Awards – TBD
- 2019 – Catherine Taylor, Holly Dewar, Dave Bush, Andrea Kerr, Mayor Mitch Panciuk
- 2018 – Brian Barlow, Lynn Fennell, Gary Magwood, and Nancy Snowdon
- 2017 – Susan Holland, David R. Maracle and Starboard Communications
- 2016 – Roli and Linda Tipper, Krista Dalby, Claudette Boulanger, Thérèse Cilia and Belleville Downtown DocFest.
- 2015 – Suzanne Andrews, Susan Walsh, Gordon Craig, William Fisher, Suzanne Pasternak, and the Baxter Art Centre.
- 2014 – CaraHunter, Connie Yrjola, Barb Forgie (We Create Artisans Events); Liz Marshall; Rick Penner; Rob Kellough and Paul Johnson (Through The Cedars Music Production); and Gerry Boyce.
- 2013 – Joan Reive, In-Four-Mation, Robert Kranendonk, Sam Brady, and Bill and Debbie Morton
- 2012 – Mary-Lynne Morgan, Artists Below The Line, Nancy Garrod, Rev. John Uttley, Dona Knudsen, Sylvin Pineau, Ross McDougall, Doug Thompson and Harvey Gere of the Belleville Lions Club
- 2011 – Al Hazel, Jack Evans, Stephane Lemelin, Lise Lindenberg, Shawn Patriquin, Teresa Bell and Paul Thompson
- 2009 – Bob Long, Don Pinder, Quinte Symphony Orchestra
- 2008 – Andrew and Adam Gray, Carlyn Moulton, Debra Tosh, Marc Bourdon, Georgette Fry, Peta Hall, and the Marilyn and Maurice Rollins Foundation
- 2007 – Quinte Opera Guild, Quinte Rotary Music Festival, Rob Brown, Anne Buckley, Muriel Gibson, Bob Clute Pontiac Buick GMC
- 2006 – Wayne McFaul, Quinte Film Alternative, Moira Nikander Forrester, Sharon Campbell, Chantale Brisson, the Leona Riggs Charitable Foundation
- 2005 – Marilyn Holden, Ann Pickett, Rudy Heijdens, Andy Forgie, and Jack and Bernice Parrott
- 2004 – Caroline Smith, Mark Rashotte, Charlie Kammer
- 2003 – Campbell Monuments, Warren McFaul, Barbara Whelan
- 2002 – Wilma Alexander, Procter & Gamble, Quinte Ballet School Guild
- 2001 – The Leona Riggs Foundation, Marion Stratton, Wilma Donald, The Marysburgh Mummers
- 2000 – Beryl Rutland, Stirling Performing Arts Committee, Belleville Art Association
- 1999 – Dorothy Aitchison, Eugene Lang, The Belleville Theatre Guild
- 1998 – Tony Lassing, Susan Richardson, Marilyn and Maurice Rollins, Lee Jourard, Nortel
- 1997 – Linda Hamer-Harris Mustard, Jim Alexander, Stan Wiggins
- 1996 – Harlan House R.C.A., Paul Dinkel, Jane Hull
- 1995 – William Maddox, Brian Scott, Corby Distilleries
- 1994 – Florence Lennox, Gordon and Audrey Davies, Diana Koechlin
More information on each recipient available here.