In 2019, the Quinte Arts Council celebrated 25 years of hosting their Luncheon for the Arts/Arts Recognition Awards to recognize those who have made a difference in our community. Without exception, these individuals are making Quinte a destination for those craving a vibrant arts and culture scene.
Click here for a complete list of past award recipients.
Arts Recognition Awards Nomination:
NOMINATION DEADLINE for 2020 recipients of the Arts Recognition Awards – June 30th
HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
- Check the past nominees (see the list further down on this page).
- Print and complete the form or pick one up at the QAC office, 36 Bridge St., East, Belleville. Or submit electronically using the online form (click here).
- Tell us in approximately 250 words why you think the person, organization or supporter should receive an award.
- Get at least two letters of support (include their signature and contact information).
- Mail your package to : Quinte Arts Council, 36 Bridge St. East, P.O. Box 22113, Belleville ON K8N 2Z5.
If your nomination is accepted you will be invited as our guest to attend the Luncheon for the Arts along with your nominee. Winners of the Arts Recognition Award will receive a hand-crafted award and a certificate.
- 2019 – Catherine Taylor, Holly Dewar, Dave Bush, Andrea Kerr, Mayor Mitch Panciuk
- 2018 – Brian Barlow, Lynn Fennell, Gary Magwood, and Nancy Snowdon
- 2017 – Susan Holland, David R. Maracle and Starboard Communications
- 2016 – Roli and Linda Tipper, Krista Dalby, Claudette Boulanger, Thérèse Cilia and Belleville Downtown DocFest.
- 2015 – Suzanne Andrews, Susan Walsh, Gordon Craig, William Fisher, Suzanne Pasternak, and the Baxter Art Centre.
- 2014 – CaraHunter, Connie Yrjola, Barb Forgie (We Create Artisans Events); Liz Marshall; Rick Penner; Rob Kellough and Paul Johnson (Through The Cedars Music Production); and Gerry Boyce.
- 2013 – Joan Reive, In-Four-Mation, Robert Kranendonk, Sam Brady, and Bill and Debbie Morton
- 2012 – Mary-Lynne Morgan, Artists Below The Line, Nancy Garrod, Rev. John Uttley, Dona Knudsen, Sylvin Pineau, Ross McDougall, Doug Thompson and Harvey Gere of the Belleville Lions Club
- 2011 – Al Hazel, Jack Evans, Stephane Lemelin, Lise Lindenberg, Shawn Patriquin, Teresa Bell and Paul Thompson
- 2009 – Bob Long, Don Pinder, Quinte Symphony Orchestra
- 2008 – Andrew and Adam Gray, Carlyn Moulton, Debra Tosh, Marc Bourdon, Georgette Fry, Peta Hall, and the Marilyn and Maurice Rollins Foundation
- 2007 – Quinte Opera Guild, Quinte Rotary Music Festival, Rob Brown, Anne Buckley, Muriel Gibson, Bob Clute Pontiac Buick GMC
- 2006 – Wayne McFaul, Quinte Film Alternative, Moira Nikander Forrester, Sharon Campbell, Chantale Brisson, the Leona Riggs Charitable Foundation
- 2005 – Marilyn Holden, Ann Pickett, Rudy Heijdens, Andy Forgie, and Jack and Bernice Parrott
- 2004 – Caroline Smith, Mark Rashotte, Charlie Kammer
- 2003 – Campbell Monuments, Warren McFaul, Barbara Whelan
- 2002 – Wilma Alexander, Procter & Gamble, Quinte Ballet School Guild
- 2001 – The Leona Riggs Foundation, Marion Stratton, Wilma Donald, The Marysburgh Mummers
- 2000 – Beryl Rutland, Stirling Performing Arts Committee, Belleville Art Association
- 1999 – Dorothy Aitchison, Eugene Lang, The Belleville Theatre Guild
- 1998 – Tony Lassing, Susan Richardson, Marilyn and Maurice Rollins, Lee Jourard, Nortel
- 1997 – Linda Hamer-Harris Mustard, Jim Alexander, Stan Wiggins
- 1996 – Harlan House R.C.A., Paul Dinkel, Jane Hull
- 1995 – William Maddox, Brian Scott, Corby Distilleries
- 1994 – Florence Lennox, Gordon and Audrey Davies, Diana Koechlin