Arts Recognition Awards: Criteria
We welcome nominations from the community for a local arts champion who deserves to be recognized for their artistic excellence, cultural leadership and/or contribution to the arts.
The NOMINATION DEADLINE for the 2023 Arts Recognition Awards is July 31
- Artists may be nominated by individuals or organizations.
- Artists must reside in Quinte Region.
- Artists in all disciplines are eligible for nomination, including (but not limited to): theatre, dance, literary arts, music, visual arts, multimedia and craft.
The nomination committee will take the following into consideration. Does the nominee:
- have peer recognition within the Quinte community?
- have a history of public presentation and/or publication?
- invest in training in the artist’s chosen discipline (this includes schooling, self-taught and/or apprenticeship training) and/or offer mentorship to emerging/next generation artists?
- earn income, fully or in part, from artistic activity?
- participate in activities that elevate the arts in Quinte Region?
HOW TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
- Check the list of past nominees. (Click here.) Nominees who have already received an award are ineligible.
- Complete the online form (below) with your name, the name of your nominee, and in approximately 250 words why you think the person, organization or supporter should receive an award. (Please consider the above criteria.)
- Provide two letters of support from the Quinte arts community. (Please note: Letters of support from artists’ family members are ineligible.)
If your nomination is accepted you will be invited as our guest to attend our Mayor’s Luncheon for the Arts along with your nominee. (2023 date TBD.) Winners of the Arts Recognition Award will receive a hand-crafted award.
To nominate an artist/group